This year has been pretty interesting to say the least. God has been blessing me with a plethora of new friendships. However, there has been one theme that keeps resurfacing:
Why is it that we have made it taboo to be in the midst of a struggle? to have a lifelong struggle?
This year I have never been more aware of my struggles both past and present…and things that will probably continue into my future. I have realized the beauty of the struggle and struggling with others. God is making me completely aware of my struggles and helping me to reconcile them to Himself.
So Here’s a few:
1. My sister accused me of not being Christ-like. I don’t like criticism, but I apologized.
2. Soccer has not been going as I’ve planned it. It hurts to trust Him, but I am doing it.
3. I still feel that the body of Christ is often an unsafe place to share my struggles with. He is calling me to vulnerability and I am walking in it.
4. Sometimes my passions reveal all too much about my struggles. I don’t want to be judged, but I must fight for what I believe is right.
5. Sharing my writing is a scary feeling. God tells me to speak His words and I am opening my mouth in obedience.
Let’s Struggle Together
…And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.